One Purpose | One Week | One Conversation
Manawatu is fast becoming New Zealand’s agrifood, science and innovation hub, and hosting New Zealand AgriFood Investment Week is a natural extension to the rapidly growing agrifood scene that the region is nurturing.
New Zealand AgriFood Investment Week in association with ASB is designed to help New Zealand agrifood businesses succeed through the development of innovation, investment and people. Project managed by Central Economic Development Agency (CEDA), the week will deliver a dedicated programme of events designed to connect, challenge and grow the agrifood industry.
New Zealand AgriFood Investment Week engages and brings together participants from across the food value chain: from molecule to mouth. This includes research and science, entrepreneurs, growers, farmers, agribusiness and industry bodies, industry leaders and influencers, government, iwi, investors, and consumers. Collaboration between and across these participants is what will ultimately lead to the success and growth of New Zealand agrifood companies.
NZAgInvest will help to grow the NZ agrifood industry through the development of three key pillars:
- Promote awareness and value of innovation through exhibitions, showcases and workshops
- Provide opportunities to connect and collaborate across the value chain, taking innovative products to market
- Promote sustainable, innovative solutions for the longevity of the industry
- Create opportunities for targeted promotion of quality investment opportunities
- Promote New Zealand’s agrifood sector as a vibrant investment destination
- Develop networks and capability for continued growth, international expansion and reinvestment
Create opportunities for connections and collaboration to:
- Challenge assumptions and confront the status quo
- Build and promote career opportunities
- Remove stereotypes and barriers
- Fuel problem solving and creative thinking